Sunday, March 25, 2012

good morning!

First I want to welcome my new followers, as well as my new Facebook friends. I appreciate the time you spend reading my blog. Ap yesterday I had a lovely afternoon stitching with my buds. There were three of us yesterday, Jennifer (confessions of a serial starter) is still working on Sat. I made good progress on Friendship Blooms. Jennifer had gotten us all these metal trees for Christmas and we all agreed that the smalls would look lovely on the tree. Maggee is way ahead of us as she has been using her tree. She has done many smalls, birds ect. My problem I want to have them finished all at once. I sense a problem here. Nothing planned for today just stitching and maybe a little reading. I finally finished my Feb selection "we need to talk about Kevin" it was a very difficult book to read, but I would not let it get the best of me. I am relucent to reccomend it as the subject matter is very dark, ( school shooting, bad seed, relucent mother) but I will say it is a book I will never forget. So my goal is two read two books a month, marchs selections are "Something Like Beautiful" by Asha Bandele, she wrote The Prisoner's Wife a book I read several years ago and remembered so when I saw this book at the doller store I thought I'd give it a try. It's a short book (200 pages) my second book is House Rules by Jodie Picoult her books tend to move along quickly. Have a great stitch day Hugs

3 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your Stitching day!! I have one of those trees - the one I got is bigger than I expected! Guess I have to get busy stitching! Love Jodie Picoult books! She has a very touching way of writing! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WISH I HAD SOME FRIENDS WHO ARE INTO STITCHING, SO WE TOO COULD HAVE A STITCHING DAY... IT SEEMS SO MUCH FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stitching days are always the best!

    ReplyDelete